Gas bottle explosion blamed for house fire

A gas bottle explosion is the possible cause of a fire that destroyed a house in Maryborough yesterday.

The two-storey timber house was completely engulfed in flames by the time rural firefighters arrived at 11.30am.

It is believed no one was home at Nangarin Rd house at Oakhurst, on the outskirts of Maryborough.

A spokesperson for the Northcoast Firefighters said the house had now collapsed and that no neighbouring properties were at risk of fire.

Two urban fire trucks and five rural fire trucks were required to get enough water to fight the blaze.

Investigations are underway by police.

Leave A Comment

News by Email